Humanitarian & Compassionate (H&C) and Temporary Resident Permits (TRP)
Out of status and out of options? Our immigration lawyers may be able to help you get a temporary resident permit as a stop-gap to a permanent residency application while you address your inadmissibility issues. If you are already in Canada, you may be eligible to apply for permanent residency based on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. Let’s discuss how we can help you turn your situation around.
What Options Do I Have When Applying Under H&C or TRP Programs?
A strict application of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) or the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (Regulations) may lead to a refusal of your application that our immigration lawyers can help you appeal. We know what’s at stake for you in your immigration status, and we’re here to help.
Our immigration lawyers have experience working with:
- Refugees on refugee claims;
- Foreign nationals on permanent residence applications;
- Foreign nationals on temporary residence applications, including student visas;
- Spouse and common-law applications and issues;
- Applications for permanent residence from within Canada;
- Applications on humanitarian and compassionate grounds;
- Addressing inadmissibility issues;
- Reviews and appeals before divisions of Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC), the Immigrant & Refugee Board of Canada, and the Federal Court of Canada.
Concerned that you are considered inadmissible to Canada? Not sure what to do when your application is refused? There may be options, and we are here to help you find them. Book a consultation with our immigration lawyers today to find out how we can help you turn the situation around.